Mrs. Maylina Jno. Ville
Director of Audit (Ag)
- The Office of the Director of Audit /Auditor General is established under Section 83 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
- The Director of Audit/Auditor General shall at least once every year audit and report on the Public Accounts of the Commonwealth of Dominica, the accounts of all offices and authorities of the government, the accounts of all courts of Law in Dominica, the accounts of every Commission, the accounts of the Parliamentary Commission and the Clerk of the House.
- The Director of Audit shall submit reports annually to the Speaker of the House of Assembly through the Minister of Finance, and such report shall be laid in the House and become a public document.
The Mission of the Office of Director of Audit is to:
- Conduct independent audits and make recommendations to improve the use of public resources.
- Ensure that all audits are conducted on a consistent basis with the highest quality in accordance with acceptable professional auditing and accounting ethical standards.
- Ensure that all Public Sector financial transactions are conducted in accordance with the wishes of Parliament, applicable Laws and Regulations and with due regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness, giving due regard to accountability and transparency and to report independently on all deleted fraudulent or irregular financial transactions.
- To recruit, develop and maintain qualified and competent audit technical staff.
The Office of the Director of Audit is being managed by the Director of Audit/ Auditor General who conducts the required quality assurances on all audits to ensure the highest quality on a consistent basis.